The Chronicles of Natoma

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Diamonds (and Bob) are forever.




I haven't really had much to blog about lately and apologize for the radio silence. This afternoon however, a friend sent me a link to a site that horrified and cracked me up at the same time. It's called LifeGem and I invite you to click around the site for a minute.

Essentially this company offers to take your loved one after the die and turn their carbon into a diamond that you can wear forever. EWWW!!!

"I love your new ring Gladys". "Why thank you Susan...it's Bob....he was a good for nothing schlub in life but look how he sparkles now"!!

I can understand that people have trouble letting go but this is just a bit creepy. I will admit that the marketing opportunities are virtually boundless:

"Didn't like your mother in law? Snatch a finger out of her coffin at the viewing, bring it to us and we'll make a prince albert out of it for you! Now you can literally piss on her grave every day".

So if this weren't creepy enough, they actually have a "Family Plan". Sure, your kids are going to die some day...why not just avoid paying health insurance and get on JemLife's family plan instead? You'll be able to show off your new jewelry before you can say Chicken Pox.

I don't know about you all but I plan on changing my will to strictly forbid anyone from taking my carbon to JemLife.

1 Comments:

Blogger aumojo said...

LOL! I found the LifeGem website a few years ago.

Back in 2003 their motto was: Diamonds, and Grandma are forever.

*chuckle*

Slightly eerie, but how fabulous that ones loved ones unique carbon properties will make for a unique gem everytime.

"I love your ring", Oh this, this is nana!

;)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home