The Chronicles of Natoma

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy little tree

My sister sent me a video this afternoon of a show that I used to adore as a kid but haven't thought about in ages. I'm sure most of you know who Bob Ross is..? He's the painter who had a public access show in which he'd crank out nature paintings in each episode. I swear this man had the most soothing voice. I used to love sitting at home nodding off to him talking about happy little trees and happy little clouds with the sound of his brush strokes in the background. He almost put me asleep today at the office watching the video on youtube. Screw NyQuil...just toss him on your TV at night. ZZzzzzz ZZZzzzzz ZZZZZzzzzz

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! It's been years since I've seen that! (BTW, the show was actually a PBS distribution.) Man, he must have said "happy little tree" a million times, cause that's the first thing I think of when I see his image.

3:00 AM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal said...

awwwwww! i'm dreaming happy clouds right now as i read. bob ross rocks. even if it is in that mellow 70's kinda way.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

My plan for retirement is still to buy his videos and paint happy trees.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Jester said...

I loved Bob Ross and his happy little trees and their wonderful neighbors. I would come home from school and turn on PBS just to watch him. He was hypnotizing. Too bad PBS didn't catch on to subliminal advertising. Can you imagine the amount of crap they could have gotten us to agree to buy?

Looking forward to meeting you at the GBS!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

God I forgot all about him! LOL

"Happy Tree's!"

He is the Chad Fox of the 70's!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home