The Chronicles of Natoma

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wanted: Housekeeper

So I'm rapidly reaching the unfortunate conclusion that a clause for clutter gnomes was slipped into my rental agreement here in SF. For the life of me I never had a problem keeping my house in order back in Austin. Perhaps I'm living by example? The people on the streets below certainly haven't the foggiest notion of putting items where they belong. Maybe the street is just clutter cursed? I've taken a gander into several an open door in my building's hallways only to see an indoor representation of the sidewalks outside. Whatever the supernatural cause might be...IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS. We literally clean about every two days and like clockwork we'll awake 48 hours later to the house from "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" (pre Sue Ellen Crandell's ill-fated fashion show). Thus begins the next round of scouring...yeah, I'm right on top of that Rose.
Honestly, I think our dog walker is the main impetus for cleaning. I'm afraid that if she walks in and sees a sloppy kitchen too often she'll call animal control citing an unfavorable living environment. Ok ok ok so it's really not THAT bad. A neat freak I am not but on the flip side, any clutter is too much clutter....it just takes me a little longer than my OCD counterparts to get around to it. Speaking of dogs, my little tail chaser is half the reason it's so hard to keep things clean. Since moving to a climate cooler than steamy Texas, he has put on a bit of a winter coat. Portions of said winter coat consequently only remain on his body for a short period of time. Once his daily 5,000 hairs decide to secede from the union, they start rival gangs on my hardwood floors, eternally vying for territory. Alas that leaves Jake and I stuck fighting a losing battle in a war that seems to have no end. Hmmm that sounds familiar...eh Bushy?

In any event, this brings me to the subject of the posting. I might be starting to maybe think about possibly researching the far fetched notion of hiring a maid....hypothetically. Anyone have any experience in considering this option? He'll need to be about 6'4", tanned, dark hair, good physique and an accent wouldn't hurt. Wearing shoes while cleaning is negotiable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelicious said...

Oh si si si... you need a maid!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Nick Natoma said...

Are you volunteering chulo?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home